Aquarium Trip and Finding Mr. Turtle


Hello everyone!

We have been out and about here lately with a promotion ceremony, khaki ball, a trip to the aquarium, lots of playground time, and some antique shopping.

First things first, we had our 17 week appointment on Monday and everything sounded great! Baby's heartbeat was in the 150's. The bump IS growing, I've already had to resort to using hair ties on my pants to keep them up. Its a tough life haha.

So Russell is officially Chief Petty Officer Dykman!

We are SO very proud of him and his hard work! This is from the Pinning Ceremony. It was a nice ceremony, all the "new" chiefs came in marching and singing. Then they called them one by one and got pinned with their new rank. 


Lydia was good through the ceremony but when the "Amen" was said, off she took to daddy!

The Khaki Ball is a night out after the ceremony for all the new Chiefs and old Chiefs. They give them plaques and do door prizes, have a nice meal, music and dancing.


There is a bump in that pic :)


So proud of him!!!

The cake, I went with apple pie though.

And then we took a trip here!


I think they were watching sea lions. We all had so much fun here!


There was a turtle in the sunny spot in the leaves. She LOVES turtles!

"Come here fishy fishy"...



So many to see! She liked pointing out the different colored ones.


And touching them! I happily took pictures :)

We even found "Mr. Turtle!"


Our little cutie pie! She was good with walking most of the way, but she did get tired and had to have daddy pack her on the way back through.


CHEESE!

After a quick nap ( and not wanting our fun to end) we went to the play ground on base. It is definitely one of her favorite places. Russell takes her there when I have Dr. appointments so she stays occupied.


Oh me, she makes my heart smile.

Lydia and I went to the mall today in search for some tights since Fall weather is sneaking upon us. Since Gymboree is having a good sale I thought we would go there. I should know better, I really should. Me going to Gymboree is like sending Lydia into the bakery. It never ends well. I DID get tights....and maybe a few other things :)

Then I let her play in the kids zone for about an hour. She had 2 breakdowns. First she was on a slide and a little boy kept getting in front of her, sliding down, then standing at the bottom of the slide. Lydia will not slide if someone is standing there. He climbed back up, and Lydia hit her hand on the slide (she was frustrated) and the little boy starting hitting her. Poor girl cried, and of course boy's parents weren't watching. I gave him the stink eye though.

But she had fun and is passed out in her bed now.


At lunch today :)

Well, we find out if baby will be a girl or boy in about 2 more weeks so keep your eyes peeled for that announcement! We don't mind either way and will love whatever God blesses us with.

We love you all and hope you have a great weekend!!!

Comments

Popular Posts